Millions of Americans have expressed that they dislike their smiles. Whether it is because of staining, crooked teeth, damage to teeth, or missing teeth, it can be difficult to smile for photos or in public. Because of this, many dentists that provide cosmetic and restorative dental services, also provide a “smile makeover” service. A smile makeover is simply put, a combination of dental procedures and treatments with the goal of enhancing a smile. This can be done with purely cosmetic treatments, or with a combination of cosmetic and restorative treatments. If you live in Southern Maine in the Lewiston area and are interested in restorative and cosmetic dentistry, please give us a call for more information. Otherwise, continue reading to learn more about this treatment.
How Do I Know If I Need A Smile Makeover?
Now in cases, where there is only really one thing you need for your oral health, you might not be the right patient for a full smile makeover. For example, if you are trying to simply address issues with staining, you might just need teeth whitening. Or if you are only concerned about crooked and crowded teeth, you can probably look into Invisalign aligners or other orthodontic treatments. A smile makeover is for a patient who has a couple of unique concerns. Those concerns can include:
- Damaged Teeth: If you have superficially damaged teeth including cracks or chipped teeth that do not impact your oral health but do impact your smile, you might be a candidate for a smile makeover.
- Stained Teeth: If your teeth are discolored or stained, you might want to consider a smile makeover to whiten the teeth or add dental veneers.
- Missing Teeth: If you have gaps in your smile due to tooth loss, you might need a combination of cosmetic and restorative services like dental implants or dental bridges to replace the lost teeth. Restorative services are also important since they can help maintain your oral health and bite alignment.
- Misshapen Teeth: If your teeth are different sizes or not symmetrical, you might be interested in dental contouring or veneers that would be included in a smile makeover.
- Misaligned Teeth: If your teeth are misaligned, crooked, have spaces, or are crowded, you might be a candidate for a smile makeover that includes orthodontic treatments.
How Does a Smile Makeover Work?
When going to a dentist that provides smile makeover services, you and the dentist will discuss your dental goals, and the issues that are impacting your smile and confidence, and will come up with a treatment plan to address and solve each of these issues. This can include a combination of cosmetic treatments like whitening, reshaping, and veneers as well as some other procedures like bridges, implants, and orthodontic treatments.
Schedule A Smile Makeover in Lewiston Maine
If you are interested in learning more about a smile makeover and live in the Southern Maine area, please give our team a call to set up a consultation at our office in Lewiston.